To £50K plus bens
Are you a recently qualified accountant looking to build your career in an award-winning plc with excellent prospects for progression?
If so, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you!
This high performing “blue chip” plc are ranked very highly in the Financial Times Best Places to Work and consistently features in the Top 50 of the UK's Best Companies to Work For according to the Sunday Times. This is due in part to how well they look after their people. There is fantastic career potential, they have a great culture of openness and honesty and strongly believe in work life balance.
The business is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join it's internal audit function. You will gain a wide variety of exposure right across the business with a view to progressing on internally to a finance or operational role with 2-3 years.
The audit function is very well respected internally and is proud that it is perceived as a great talent pool from which the rest of the business looks to hire.
Typically you will spend 50% of your time on operational reviews, 25% on financial reviews and 25% on projects (eg implementation of smart technologies) The requirement to travel is low at around 20-30%
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Plan and deliver audits covering a range of business processes across the businesses
- Engage and challenge Head of Departments, General Managers, and Finance Controllers to help shape the business control environment
- Work with the business, to provide assurance on and governance of, key projects and critical change activities
- Through training and hands-on experience, develop a thorough understanding of the business in its entirety in order to add real value to management teams
- Build a network within the business to facilitate their next career steps either within Internal Audit or in the wider business.
To succeed in this challenging environment, you must have ambition and a genuine interest in project based work. In addition, as the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified
- Have at least 3 years of external audit experience within a larger practice environment and looking for your first move into industry.
- OR have 3 years experience within the internal audit function of a larger multinational company
- Preferably have exposure to large complex audits in multinational business environments especially in manufacturing, telecoms or retail sectors
- Be a strong team player with excellent communication skills
On offer is a basic salary of £40,000 to £45,000 plus £5K car allowance, bonus (typically around 12%-24%), PMI and Flexi bens.
Please note that you must be eligible to work within the UK without the requirement for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.