Top end salary and benefits
Looking for a move to a top rated and leading Construction & Projects firm? If you are a 3+pqe lawyer with experience in this area this role will offer you a first class environment with an international client base.
From a very well regarded base in Bristol, our hugely experienced construction and engineering team is firmly rooted throughout the UK and beyond, taking advantage of a strong overseas network across our international offices. Our broad insight and perspective into the requirements at all levels of a transaction enables us to bring a balanced, pragmatic and commercial approach to proceedings.
The services they provide on construction and engineering transactions include:
- Advising on ad hoc issues as they arise during the life of a project.
- Advising on all forms of construction contract arrangements covering letters of intent, pre-construction services agreements and main forms of construction contract covering all industry bodies' standard forms (including NEC, JCT, IChemE, MF, ICE, GC/Works, FIDIC etc), as well as bespoke contracts.
- Advising on construction aspects of funding agreements, purchase agreements, PPP project agreements and agreements for lease.
- Advising on construction security, including parent company guarantees, performance bonds, off-site materials bonds, vesting arrangements, retention bonds and escrow arrangements.
- Advising on operation and maintenance and facilities management agreements or completed projects.
- Advising on professional consultants' appointments and associated third-party rights and warranties and deeds of novation.
- Construction procurement strategy and strategic risk workshops, due diligence audits.
As well as advising the various stakeholders involved in a construction scheme, they act for both public-sector and private-sector clients, and are involved in projects ranging from the construction of housing, offices (with significant major headquarters experience), schools, educational facilities and station fit-out contracts to the repair, replacement and renewal of gas pipelines for major utilities companies, and large scale renewables projects (including solar (where we have one of the largest CVs in the UK), CHP plants and wind farms (on- and off-shore)).
They work closely with their colleagues on PPP projects, for example on major road and other infrastructure concession projects, the construction of student accommodation and also on day-to-day operational aspects of closed PFI transactions, often acting for equity interests.
Thy also undertake a significant amount of international work, and are currently advising on airport projects in Oman and on renewables projects in Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Jordan.
Infrastructure projects are a global phenomenon and our clients include businesses based in the US, Brussels, Germany, Spain and the UK, among others. They often advise across borders to deliver projects around the world.
They are now seeking an Associate to join the expanding Bristol construction team.
You will be given early responsibility for running matters, building client relationships and business development whilst working in a collaborative team environment.
You will be required to support Associate Directors in the team, as well as the Partners (both in London and Bristol).They have an exceptional career development programme for all employees which helps to bring clarity of what is expected at each stage of your career as well as significant support to progress between stages. This scheme has recently been named the Best Training Programme 2013 by the Legal Education Training Group.
As a guide, due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, thy are looking to appoint a lawyer with approximately 3 years' PQE in this area, although they will consider candidates with more or less experience. We are looking for lawyers who have gained good construction and engineering projects experience and have trained with and are working for a firm recognised in this field.
On offer is a leading Private Practice salary and benefits package with unlimited scope for progression.