To £55K plus bens
Are you an ambitious external auditor looking to join a London-based FTSE 100 plc with a proven track record of career development?
This major multinational business sources and distributes consumer products through 6 core markets in 27 countries around the world. The group continues to expand by investing in growth areas and also through targeted acquisitions.
Due to the onward progression of one of the team into a Regional FD role, there is currently an opportunity for an ambitious external auditor to join the highly respected internal audit team. The group is decentralised with lots of autonomy devolved to the operating business units. This means that audit is very highly valued right across the business as a source of advice and best practice as well as being utilised for a wide range of project work. In the past, the project work has included secondments to business units, post-acquisition reviews, due diligence on acquisitions and CapEx appraisals. This is in addition to delivering a risk based audit plan comprised of both operational and financial reviews. The audit approach is flexible and focusses on key risks rather than checklists or detailed testing.
As part of a global team of eight, the London based team covers all areas outside of the US so you can be expected to travel internationally for up to 40% of the time. There will also be some travel around the UK but rarely will the travel require staying away over a weekend.
The audit function is well established as a proving ground for the future financial leadership of the business and so has a demonstrable track record of promoting individuals on into more senior roles across the business. The FD’s of most of the subsidiaries within the group as well as the Group FC and Group FD all started their careers in Internal Audit.
In addition to the unrivalled career progression, the role offers a basic salary of up to £55,000 plus a bonus (15% - good track record of distribution), PHI, Pension and SAYE share scheme.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will:
- Be of degree calibre, with a strong academic background
- Ideally be a qualified ACA/ACCA or have a similar professional qualification
- Be an experienced external auditor with a background in a large accounting firm AND/:
- OR have experience within the internal audit function of a large multinational business
- Be fluent in English with excellent communication and report writing skills
- Ideally (but not necessarily) have fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese
- Be happy to travel internationally and be free from significant visa restrictions and be eligible to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship
Lastly, Internal Audit is a training ground. There are no career auditors within the function, so you absolutely MUST have ambition to move beyond audit and have the confidence and gravitas to grow your career within a fast paced FTSE environment.
Please note that you must be eligible to work within the UK without the requirement for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.