To £40K plus bens
Are you a part-qualified external or internal auditor looking to accelerate your career in a high performing and acquisitive US multinational based in Central London ?
This exciting listed US multinational continues to expand and consolidate it's market leading position through both organic growth and through frequent acquisitions. With a turnover of nearly $3bn, 8000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide the business has grown substantially over it's 60 year existence.
Unusually for a US listed business, the audit function is led out of central London and not the US. The Head of Audit has developed an extremely well regarded financial and operational audit team where Internal Audit is considered a true “business partner”. The CFO takes a close interest in their work, reviewing and commenting on every audit report.
The Director of Audit is passionate about developing the team and usually recruits from within the business as the team is seen as a proving ground for “Hi-Potentials”. Typically internal candidates join the team for 2-4 years before leveraging the unparalleled exposure they gain to secure fast track promotions within other parts of the business - both in finance and in operations. Over the last two years virtually every member of the function has rotated into a new role elsewhere in the business - many have had a variety of options open to them. It’s therefore no surprise therefore that the business rarely needs to come to the external market when recruiting. The business also has a co-sourced provider for audit/SOx work.
The Head of Audit is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic junior auditor to join the team to undertake a wide range of operational, financial, compliance and potentially IT audits.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be of graduate calibre with a finance/business related degree
- Ideally be part-qualified with an appropriate accounting/audit qualification
- Have a strong grounding in delivering operational and financial audits either within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment or within a larger practice firm (US GAAP/SOX experience is beneficial)
- Demonstrate a high degree of ambition, passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the flexibility to travel for 50-60% of the time Travel will be a mixture of both short haul (UK/Europe) and long haul (US, Canada, Australia) and long haul is usually business class
Please note that you must be eligible to work within the UK without the requirement for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary of £35,000 to £40,000 according to experience plus bonus and benefits. The role is London based but will require international travel in the range 50%-60% over a year.